Upon Confirmation, kindly provide the following information:
- Full Name as it is in the passport
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number.
Notes on Gorilla Tracking:
Please note that gorilla tracking is a strenuous activity and one should be physically fit to enjoy this tour. Minimum tracking age is 15 years. Anyone with signs of communicable diseases will NOT be allowed to track.
While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and sighting the gorillas, the quality of the gorilla trekking cannot be guaranteed. Maximum time allowed with the gorillas will NOT exceed ONE hour.
We strongly recommend the following: Rain poncho (lightweight), long-sleeved shirt, waterproof trousers, sturdy hiking boots, leather gardening -type gloves, sunscreen, insect repellent and any necessary medications must be brought by yourselves from your home town. Still Cameras and Video Cameras are allowed, but bring their respective accessories.
Arrive & Transfer to Kinigi
Meet and assist upon arrival at Kanombe – Kayibanda International airport in Kigali and transfer to City Blue Hotel in Kigali City. Superb comfort, dinner and overnight at City Blue.
Kigali City Tour – Transfar to Parc National de Volcans
Dawn breaks on Hilly and Panoramic Kigali City, wake up, have breakfast and embark on a Kigali City Tour! You will be privileged to witness the apex of human misery at the Gisozi Genocide Museum where the earth speaks of hatred and horrible brutality! The museum also serves a platform to learn more about other Genocides in the history of mankind. Break for lunch and transfer to Kinigi – Ruhengeri near Parc National de Volcans. Transit time is approximately 3hrs. Spend the rest of the evening relaxing at Le Bambou Lodge.
Gorilla Tracking & Cultural Performance
Today is the long awaited day!! Early morning preparations for the activity, pack lunch, attend briefing by the Ranger-guide, get hold of a walking stick and follow the Ranger to the Sanctuary. It is imperative to respect and abide by the conservation rules therefore leave nothing but a footprint and take nothing but memories and photographs. Maximum time allowed with the fascination Gorillas is 1 hour. After gorilla tracking, return to Kinigi and attend a cultural dance performance. You may participate in the famous “Intore Dance”. Return to Le Bambou Lodge for the rest of the evening.
Kigali – City Tour – Flight Out.
Chilly morning in the backdrop of the Volcanoes and draping bamboo forests, have breakfast, check-out and bid farewell to Parc National des Volcans area transferring back to Kigali. Shopping for curio items if time permits and then transfer to Kanombe – Kayibanda international airport for your flight out.
- Ground Transport throughout the trip.
- A gorilla tracking permit.
- Meals and per choice of lodging category.
- English-speaking driver/guide.
- A litter of bottled water per day.
- Accommodation in upscale accommodation as indicated above.
- Kigali City Tour
- Cultural Performance after gorilla trekking.
- Visas/Entry Permit for Rwanda if required.
- Pre Tour Accommodation in Kigali
- Personal Insurance Covers.
- Tips, Beverages and Souvenirs
- All items of personal nature
- Warm and light clothes
- Insect repellent
- Some cash to cover personal expenses like soft and alcoholic drinks
- Walking/hiking shoes
- You may carry cameras and binoculars if you possess them.
- Enough dose for those who may be on medication.
- An extra pair of glasses for those with eye defects.
- Sun glasses and hat/cap.
- Basic personal items in general.